The Tang Center for Early China offers one Post-Doctoral Research Award in the amount of $15,000 each year in recognition of outstanding research projects in early Chinese civilization or in archaeology that match the mission of the Tang Center.
- Awardees must have PhD degree in hand, or have outstanding research credential to receive the award.
- The selected awardees are required to submit a report that summarizes their research outcome and scholarly contributions.
- The award is open to North American applicants only.
- Basic Application Form
- 10 – 15 page double-spaced project proposal
- Proposal content should include the following:
- The significance of the project
- Comprehensive list of sources
- Method of study
- Potential contributions of the proposed research
- Two letters of recommendation (in English)
- Expense breakdown
- Project Timeline
- Curriculum Vitae